Primary method for configuring the MeshNet System systems is simple. Following the steps below will get the MeshNet devices linked and real-time data displayed:
- Link a MeshNet Sensor to the MeshNet Controller. Using the custom "Linking Cable" provided, insert the straight 3.5mm connector end into the jack located on the front of the MeshNet Controller. Insert the right angle 3.5mm connector into the jack located inside the MeshNet Sensor (or Repeater). (Use only the custom "Linking Cable" provided by EDS or linking will not occur.) If power is not already applied to all devices, do so now. The internal "linking" process takes under 2 seconds; the LED on the face of the MeshNet Sensor will flash at a 1/2 second rate when complete. Once the LED signals success, power and the "Linking Cable" should be removed. (If after 5 seconds the LED does not flash at the 1/2 second rate, repeat the process)
- Apply power to the MeshNet Controller a second time. The green PWR/ACT LED located on the front of the Controller will begin to flash at one-second intervals, indicating that the product is operating normally. Power must be 5 volts +/- 10% at 400 milliamp.
- Connect it to your Network. Connect a live network cable to the Ethernet Port on the device. The green LED on the Ethernet connector will light, indicating a valid network connection. The yellow LED on the Ethernet connector blinks only when there is network traffic.
- Determine the IP address of the MeshNet Controller by using EDS Appliance Scanner Software available from the EDS website. Some corporate/government networks may block broadcast packets utilized by the EDS Appliance Scanner. In which case contact your DHCP administrator with the MeshNet Controller's MAC address included on the label. The administrator will be able to check the DHCP server logs or assign an IP Address to your controller.
- Configure your device. Type the IP address of the MeshNet Controller into your web browser (e.g., http://192.168.1.27) and press enter. Select the menu item "Network" under "System Configuration". When the name and password is requested, enter “admin” for the name and “eds” for the password. A webpage similar to the one shown to the right will enable you to configure and monitor various aspects of your MeshNet Controller.
For more details and support documentation on the MeshNet System please refer to: